Saturday, May 3, 2008

Afghanistan

Nancy sent me these pictures of afghans that I crocheted being distributed to children in Afghanistan.

Nancy knows someone who is stationed in Afghanistan, and she sends him things for the children over there.


I do most of my knitting and crocheting for charity.

I make things for the Lincoln City Mission, Sewing for Babies, and afghans for Afghans.

Why?

I've made myself plenty of things, and there's nothing that I'm dying to make myself recently.

I've made many things for friends and family, and I don't think anyone really needs anything right now. They certainly don't need anything as much as a child in Afghanistan needs a blanket.

There are probably better ways I could be charitable, but this one is pretty good.

I manage to pare down my huge stash of yarn, or use donated or inexpensive yarn, and make something of value.

If you want to help, contact me.

You can donate yarn and I will turn it into usable practical items that someone needs.

If you knit or crochet, you can knit or crochet a square. I'm making baby blankets from 10x10 inch squares. It takes 12 squares to make a child's blanket. If it's natural animal fiber, it's for Afghanistan; If it's synthetic, it's for Sewing for Babies.

No comments: