Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Charlie Rose

One of my new favorite shows in Charlie Rose on PBS.
It's basically an interview show. Find out more here:
http://www.charlierose.com/
When I first stumbled across it, I thought it was sort of boring, old-fashioned, and a little annoying.
But more often than not, I leave my tv on PBS late at night, and would find Charlie Rose there, conducting a calm, thoughtful, intellectual, in depth and often enlightening interview.
Last night, I caught part I of his interview with David Sanger, talking about his new book, The Inheritance. I'm not one to run out and buy a book after listening to someone on a book tour, but I want to read this book!
On the other hand, I did catch Kate Winslet on there twice, talking about her recent films -- The Reader and Revoloutionary Road. Gosh, she is a little too impressed with herself.

No comments: